Saturday, August 21, 2010

I left my (shinypink) heart at Sahagun....







...dipped in perfectly tempered Mangaro (which probably means E did the tempering), drenched in hot-micro-foam-whispered chocolate, decorated with rainbows of chalk drawings and Oregonkissed with gianduja.






I would tell you how much the shop and the time I spent there will Elizabeth means to me, but I could never really do it justice.



Or maybe I could, but I'd rather keep a few things to myself.



Sahagun is mostly for everyone, but a small little part of it became mine over the course of the three happy years that I was a piece of it and for now it's going to stay that way.





Farewell Sahagun Chocolate Shop! Long Live Sahagun!



*note* all photos courtesy of Sahagunchocolates.com!! you should go there, poke around, and get yourself some of the best darn chocolates you'll ever put in your mouth.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Mmmm...I miss chocolate! What prompted this?

Miranda said...

Oh! I guess I didn't mention that... Elizabeth decided to close the shop because wholesale business was really taking off and she felt like she would be happier if she could just focus on making chocolate and not worry about a storefront. Very bittersweet if you'll pardon the pun.

Chelsea said...

Ohhh, well that's good for her but sad that I won't get to visit the shop ever. You know, because I'm totally in Portland ALL the time (or every four years or so)!