Monday, September 7, 2009

No Sleep Til. . .




Brooklyn!!

Well, we're here! We've already been here a week actually, and it's taken that long for us to get settled enough just to have an actual place to sit in our apartment that is comfortable enough to perch on for long enough to write this blog! (How many times can I say 'enough' in one sentance?)

Phew! But I haven't forgotten you yet, my dear blog, and I even took a few pictures of our new life here.

The first meal cooked in our apartment! Salade Nicoise, or as we call it, Stuffy Salad. And wine of course!



Speaking of, there is a wine shop on EVERY LAST corner here in New York, which really assisted in making me feel welcome and at home.

Seriously though, I've got to admit, I'm pretty proud of us. This is a big move, two west coasters making a new life for themselves here in the Big Apple. I know it's an old tune, but it's quite something. We're growing up before our very eyes! New York City feels like a test, and I know it's too early, but I have a sneaking suspicious we're going to pass. Thanks to a few good friends, our apartment has been thouroughly warmed and even reheated!



All in all, I'd say we're pretty lucky. I can't wait to see where this ride takes us.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Yay! It looks wonderful (both the place AND the salad), and I'm so excited for you guys!