Monday, November 16, 2009

A day in the Life of Miranda's New York

A November day in pictures.

It doesn't matter how tired you are, getting up is pretty easy when the day looks like this outside your bedroom window.



Bye bye little apartment! I'll be back in 12 short hours!



Hello 7th AVE. You're my very own subway stop.



My train will come eventually, though the tunnel can look desolate.



At work, 30 minutes later (give or take). Lexington ave/63rd street. Fancy, for a subway stop. Which isn't saying much.



I call this "work".



But hostessing is the cushiest job ever invented, and it suites me. To call it work is a stretch.

Family meal, is what I see when I walk in, they're awesome. Alex, Arsi and Marcos. They call me honey and it's not creepy and make me special espresso drinks, occasionally spiked with Sambuca (whether I want it or not).



Alex and Tito.



Tito brings me coffee and tea and works harder than anyone I've ever met. Plus, he never fails to smile and ask me how I am when I come to work. Alex is from Albania, like most of the other servers, and is the one who secretly spikes my iced espresso. He's also just a really, really good guy.

I am done at 4pm, and I often like to walk over to Park Ave and work my way down 5th Ave. I always notice something new, today it was the Sherry-Netherland, which makes me think of Eloise.



Snow at Bulgari.



A candle and prayer at St. Patricks for someone I love very much.



New York gets ready for Christmas-- that scaffolding shields the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree...so soon!



Radio City Music Hall just couldn't wait. Typical.



David met me at the Union Square farmers market, and we visit Jay and his shaggy haired coworker at the notorious Pretzel stand!



Crunch crunch free pretzels.

Phew. A long lovely day. A city with so much beauty. Today I needed to look around and let the city carry me.

3 comments:

wananling said...

I loved this! What a great day and beautiful pictures.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! Only you could make a long day at work sound totally inviting. Can you come guest blog about my day to day life, please?

LeLo said...

Loved this post! Oh what a wonderful new life you have. Love it.