Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the Happiest Hour. . .

...is Happy Hour at Home!



Last night I treated myself to a Delilah (or a White Lady, but for a myriad of reasons I prefer Delilah), and it is delicious! You can find both actually in the Mr. Boston book, but I was a bit confused by the two recipes-- they are quite different and I didn't know which I would prefer-- so I just sort of winged it! I think it turned out rather well, don't you?



Roughly:

1 shot Gin (I used Bombay Dry, which never fails)
1/2 shot Cointreau (I used Grand Marnier because the only Cointreau at the store was a ginormo $50 bottle)
1/2 a lemon, squeeeeeeeeezed out as much a you can! No seeds, now. (No fake juice, either, so watch it!)

Shake it up!! Check out my fancy, makeshift shaker!



And Cheers! This calls for a little snack with your bevvy and I'd say you're set for a lovely evening in!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

That looks DELICIOUS - except I would have to skip the gin for vodka or something, since I don't like gin (tragic, I know). But cheese and olives and salami...oh yes! YES!

Sometimes, I realize that all I want to do is cook, drink, and then take pictures of it to post on my blog.

wananling said...

That's a fabulous-sounding cocktail! And, yes, it's right up my alley, so I expect to try one soon...

Paul K said...

Nice. Even a diehard Medoyeff Martini maven such as I am tempted to stray from the favored vodkas into the world of gins for this one.

Lighting Hartford said...

I enjoyedd reading this