Monday, October 5, 2009

I HATE CONDE NAST!!!


I stumbled this morning upon my usual perusal of Frank Bruni's Diner'ss Journal a piece about the impending death of Gourmet Magazine.

Wait. WHAT!?!?!?! Bon Appetit, ok, sure, it's kind of a dumbed down, ho-hum magazine and thus I could see cancelling it with out much to-do. A single tear, maybe.

But GOURMET!? Lush, vivid, fountain of inspiration?! I absolutely can't believe it. I have been a subscriber as long as I can remember and I am pretty much devastated, and I am surely not alone.

I'm also a little disappointed in my fellow food loving cohorts, everywhere I see R.I.P. Gourmet when I feel like I should be seeing a Vive la Revolution! Let's band together and revolt! Cancel those Vogue subscriptions and send nasty (conde nasty, sorry I couldn't resist) letters! Let's save Gourmet!

VIVE LA GOURMET MAGAZINE!!!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

TRAGIC! Where will we get recipes to lust over and embellish (or simplify, in my case)?!?!

I'd cancel all my subscriptions under Conde Nast, but seeing as how I don't have any now that I'm in Scotland, I'll just revolt in spirit!